It’s a feature extravanganza! We’ve released so much new functionality we need multiple sections to cover it:
Form Submit Rules
You can now set rules that trigger actions when a form is submitted. Here’s what it looks like to set a custom email:
Each form can have multiple submit rules, and each rule consists of criteria and an action.
The criteria allows you to define when the action is triggered. For example, you may only want to send an email when a status field is updated to “pending confirmation”. The default is to trigger the action for every form submission.
Each rule can perform one of the following actions:
- Send an email: Send custom email reciepts, notices, and other email templates. You can use inputs from the form to populate the template.
- Update the form record: useful for setting status or workflow fields on submissions. You can also assign logged-in users so you can track who submitted comment, rating, or ranking forms.
- Insert a connected record: add a new record connected to the form record. Your form object must be connected to other objects for this option to be available. Great for adding history, version, and archived records based on the submission.
Field rules are triggered when a form is initially populated or updated by the user. These are useful if a certain input response should hide or show additional inputs
The classic example is a multiple choice input where one of the options is “other”. If they user selects other you can show an additional “comments” input to explain.
Based on a criteria you can trigger multiple actions:
Details Field Rules
- Show or hide an input: as discussed this will show or hide inputs based on the rule criteria.
- Rename label: This can change labels of other inputs. For example, if you had a multiple choice for “language”, you could change the labels of the other inputs based on that language selection.
Similar to Forms, you can hide and show fields based on criteria in a Details view as well.
Please note that these are both in Beta. This means that you may encounter some bugs or unexpected behavior while using them. Please contact us immediately if you do.