We’re thrilled to announce the release of the Knack API!
The API was designed to provide access to your Knack online database, as well as tools and documentation for extending your Knack apps:
- Root Data Access: a secure API is provided for full access to your raw data. You can use this for integrating your data with other services and APIs, running maintenance tasks, inserting and updating records…the opportunities are endless.
- CSS Customization: when you publish a Knack app to your own website you can use your site’s CSS to modify the visual look and design of the app.
We’re really excited to see how it’s used:
- Front-end coders can use Knack to easily build a custom online database, set up a basic interface, and completely control and customize the app with jQuery and CSS.
- Mobile developers can create apps where the data is stored in the Knack online database. You can create Knack apps that can enable admins to update or view the data the mobile app is using.
- Designers can publish Knack apps directly in their client websites and completely control the look and feel to match their designs.
You can access documentation for the API here:
Please try it out and let us know what amazing creations you come up with!