Digital Marketing Designer
Hi, thanks for reading about our Digital Marketing Designer opportunity! We're glad you're here.
We're Knack, a code-free platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to build better businesses with data.
Over the past 5 years we've been laser focused on building a great product. We are now entering a new growth phase and need a brilliant designer to help us communicate Knack’s unique story. Hopefully that's you!
This will require a unique blend of creative contribution and digital execution: someone who is thoughtful, humble, meticulous, a little bit weird, self-motivated, funny, tenacious, and bursting with ideas.
And did we say self-motivated? This is a 100% remote role, with a flat culture where you’ll be given autonomy to define how you can do your best work. For the right fit this will feel like the superlative position of your career.
Role & Responsibilities
So what exactly will you be doing as Knack's digital marketing designer?
- You’ll use your amazing digital design skills to reach new customers, engage current ones, and delight everyone who comes in contact with Knack.
- You’ll help establish our “look and feel” and develop brand and identity guidelines.
- You’ll reimagine and redesign Knack’s marketing website from scratch, using your creativity to help achieve Knack’s branding, messaging, and marketing goals.
- You’ll lead execution on all digital marketing assets, including landing pages, microsites, social media graphics, newsletters, and branding.
- You’ll work with marketing to design and create compelling ad assets across a variety of platforms.
- You’ll collaborate deeply with the marketing, product, and design teams to rapidly source, approve, and execute defined marketing objectives.
- You’ll work with a consensus-driven process to take ideas and quickly produce sketches, wireframes, and mockups for feedback, and continuously iterate on that feedback.
- You’ll get to know our customers deeply, putting yourself in their shoes in order to effectively communicate with them visually.
Here are some of the "must haves" to be successful in this role:
- You have min 3+ yrs experience as a professional designer on a marketing team or in a marketing capacity.
- You have strong experience with HTML and CSS. You can design websites and build landing pages in your sleep.
- You have a portfolio of digital work showing exceptional visual design, typography skills, and attention to detail.
- You’re highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch, or equivalent modern UI design software.
- You are an execution machine and are comfortable owning projects to completion.
- You won’t hesitate to advocate for what you need to do your best work, but you also aren’t afraid to ask for help when it’s the most efficient path forward.
- You’re comfortable working at various levels of fidelity - from quick sketches and wireframes to pixel-precise comps.
- You are comfortable running experiments and aren’t offended when data disagrees with your design.
- You’re fiercely protective of the visual brand you’ll build, but intuitive enough to know when a brand must evolve.
Here are a few other hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you match up with a number of these):
- You have a sense of humor, a sense of humility, and take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- You have experience relevant to Knack’s market, like designing for B2B audiences, SaaS software, or simplifying complex technical products.
- You’ve helped build a brand from the ground-up, including developing brand and identity guidelines, and have the portfolio to back it up.
- Your development skills are strong enough to execute on your creative vision with little technical assistance, or you’re eager to level up in your development skills.
- You enjoy executing in other design areas like video, illustration, swag design, and print.
- You are totally okay with big swings, wild experiments, and learning through failure.
- You have experience working remotely and have exquisite communication skills.
Knack launched in 2012 with one simple goal: to enable everyone to do amazing things with their data.
Knack makes it easy for anyone to build applications and workflows to make their data useful. Our customers use Knack to run their processes, departments, or even their entire companies.
We've been growing steadily since as we’ve built our team, perfected our product, and nailed our product-market fit.
So how are we different?
- We’re bootstrapped: we’ve had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
- We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
- We’re all a little weird: and we like it that way. We’re more than just chat avatars; we’ve all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
- We enjoy the journey: we’re in this for the long haul. We’re not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We’re building something we’re proud of and want to keep improving on.
You can read more about Knack and the team here.
Benefits & Perks
The biggest benefit is our awesome team of Knacksters. We’re a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that above all enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.
These benefits aren't that bad either:
- Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It’s not about separation, it’s about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You’ll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- Equal opportunity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company—we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority.
- Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line PC or MacBook
We are also passionate about learning and professional development. We provide multiple learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow:
- Long term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what's important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, books, and workshops.
- Get dedicated support from a marketing mentor who’ll fast-track your on-boarding and give you the tools you need to be successful.
- Attend industry conferences that are meaningful to you.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Knack welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity.
How To Apply
Are you currently so excited to apply that you can barely type? Then we want to hear from you! You can apply for this position by filling out the form below.
We review applications in batches, so don't worry if you don't hear from us right away. Qualified candidates will move on to video interviews to discuss the position in detail, meet the team, and talk through the fit. We're also big believers in paid trials whenever logistically possible.
Please note that we can currently only accept applications from those qualified to work in the US.
Loading Application Form...