Marketing Content Writer
Do you love learning about new things, grasping broader significance, then helping others to understand? At your heart, are you a teacher who loves giving people a eureka moment? An artist whose medium is the written word?
Read on, master wordsmith.
We're Knack, a no-code productivity platform that’s redefining how work gets done. Knack is used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest organizations — to run processes, departments, and even entire companies.
We’re looking for an amazing content writer who can understand the complexities of Knack’s platform and the wide variety of use-cases for which it’s used. You’ll work with our marketing and broader teams to help spread the Knack love to a growing audience.
In this role, you will:
- Write clear marketing copy to promote Knack’s platform among potential customers and partners
- Produce a variety of content types, including blog and social media posts, case studies, newsletters, website content, white papers and thought leadership editorials. Bonus points if you have video experience!
- Coordinate with marketing team to specify, acquire or develop supporting illustrations such as stock imagery, screenshots, and video recordings
- Work to gain a deep understanding of the complexities of Knack’s platform and how it provides value in a variety of use cases
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to help increase web traffic
- Collaborate in steering of our content marketing initiatives
- Endeavor to understand where your readers are coming from, where they want to go, and how Knack can help them get there
- Assist in establishing Knack’s written voice, the personality behind the prose
- Proactively collaborate with Knacksters throughout the organization to get the information you need
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A bit of a geek. You love the nuances of technology and how it can help people.
- Empathetic. You understand your audiences’ needs and motivations, and can write to help address them.
- Experienced with writing both snappy copy and in-depth explorations, and understanding when each is best used.
- Passionate about quality and attention to detail. You consistently produce great copy by thinking deeply about value, soliciting feedback, and iterating quickly.
- Proven. A portfolio of published work, preferably in B2B SaaS, is required.
- Experienced with Content Management Systems like Wordpress.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging - but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
Knack makes it easy for anyone to build applications and workflows to make their data useful. Our customers use Knack to run their processes, departments, or even their entire companies.
We've been growing steadily since 2012 as we’ve built our team, perfected our product, and nailed our product-market fit.
So how are we different?
- We’re bootstrapped: we’ve had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
- We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
- We’re all a little weird: and we like it that way. We’re more than just chat avatars; we’ve all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
- We enjoy the journey: we’re in this for the long haul. We’re not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We’re building something we’re proud of and want to keep improving on.
You can read more about Knack and the team here.
Benefits & Perks
The biggest benefit is our awesome team of Knacksters. We’re a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that above all enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.
These benefits aren't that bad either:
- Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It’s not about separation, it’s about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You’ll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line PC or MacBook
We are also passionate about learning and professional development. We provide multiple learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow:
- Long term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what's important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, books, and workshops.
- Attend industry conferences that are meaningful to you.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Knack welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity.
How To Apply
Are you currently so excited to apply that you can barely type? Then we want to hear from you! You can apply for this position by filling out the form below.
We review applications in batches, so don't worry if you don't hear from us right away. Qualified candidates will move on to video interviews to discuss the position in detail, meet the team, and talk through the fit. We're also big believers in paid trials whenever logistically possible.
Please note that we can currently only accept applications from those qualified to work in the US.
Loading Application Form...