Share data with your customers to view and update.
Customer portals are a secure place to share data with your customers and allow them to update or add their own data.
In this customer portal demo app, customer users log in to request services, view past services, and view invoices. Knack makes it easy to create one page for all your customers to access, while ensuring each customer can only see their own data.
Business users log in to a dashboard where they can view and manage all customer data, review and update services, and add invoices.
There are many options for expanding the functionality of a customer portal, such as incorporating workflows for handling the service requests.
Explore the following resources to help you build your own custom app:
- Users & Access
- How to Show Records Connected to the Logged-In User
- How to Email Your Users
- Workflow & Automation
- Webinar Walk-Through: How to Build a Customer Portal
Why Use This App Type?
- Flexiblity to adapt to your specific use case – build a patient portal, student & faculty portal, insurance customer portal, warranty management portal, government portal, and more!
- Simplify operations by storing all customer data in one place and providing custom dashboards for your staff.
- Enable communication with customers and staff using automated email alerts and notifications. Send an email to your technicians every time a new service request is submitted. Email reminders to customers for invoices due soon.
- Protect your customer data using a secure Knack app, allowing each user to only see their relevant data.
- Save time by building a flexible Knack app that allows you to easily share data with customers and have them update their own data.
- Custom dataThis template works with service requests and invoices, but you can customize the app to work with your custom data.
- Customer securityWhen each customer logs into the customer portal, they will only see the data connected to their customer account.
- Workflow integrationApprovals, notifications, and permissions can all be integrated into your customer portal, so your customers can participate directly in your business processes and workflows.
- Accept paymentsOptionally add E-commerce features to accept payments from your customers.
- Website integrationEmbed the customer portal right into your website so your customers don’t even have to leave your site.
About This App
Our demo apps are designed as a learning tool. You can get a sense for what types of apps are possible with Knack. Install apps to your own account to see how they are built. Then, build your own custom Knack app using our no-code Builder!