Featured Industry: Beer, Wine, & Beverages
Beer, Wine, & Beverage Applications
Inventory & Production Management
Production is much more than simply pumping out cases of wine and kegs of beer. It’s organized chaos and, with a Knack database, can be transformed into an organized system of efficiency.
- Track raw materials, production schedules and output on a small or large scale
- Manage inventory, stock levels and production holds
- Forecast purchases, cost of goods and profit/loss
Inventory doesn’t count itself, nor will it report to you when the numbers are off. A Knack database will. Gain up-to-the-minute accuracy in all of your inventory and production management systems.
Small or large, each beverage business relies on a distribution network for sales and market penetration. A custom distribution management database built with Knack can automate specific processes and streamline supply management.
- Establish a Distributor/Supplier directory and allocate inventory
- Monitor stock levels, increase/decrease allocations and assign delivery schedules
- Track most effective distribution markets/channels, set targets and assign value
Employee updates means distribution can be tracked in real time so managers always have the key data thy need: sales and distribution targets; margin and performance on a per supplier basis and automate allocation based on sales.
Goal and Project Planning
Launching a new beer or wine requires every aspect of the company’s resources. A Knack planning app helps clearly define goals and manage all the projects needed for a successful launch:
- Assign goals and objectives to team members; set reporting schedules
- Develop employee task calendars with completion requirements, dates and summaries
- Project quarterly milestones, track progress toward achievement and allocate budgets
The whole team can post updates on progress and managers can track project completion and resource allocation.
The name of the game is sales. Knowing who the customers are, who the customers may be and what it takes to gain or keep customers is integral for any sales-driven business. A Knack CRM helps manage the process:
- Track purchase history, monthly contacts and sales plans for each customer
- Facilitate new customer acquisition through lead/pipeline management
- Rate and prioritize, set team and employee sales objectives and build out a team calendar for all customer activity
Knack + Beer/Wine
These are just a few ideas of how Knack can help breweries and wineries.
Susan McCraith, a business consultant and Master of Wine, explains how Knack is proving to be the ideal solution for her:
“I work with many companies who struggle with complex product data, changing vintages and alcohol levels and the different requirements of buyers, marketing, provisioning, merchandising, suppliers, stores etc.
“I’m building a web app which will manage all this much more easily, including workflows and reporting. Knack is flexible, easy to understand and use and the possibilities are very exciting.”
Get in touch if we can help you build a great online database app for your brewery or winery!