Easily manage a mobile workforce where employees can track jobs on their mobile device.
Mobile workforce apps are perfect when your employees are out of the office but still need to track and update jobs and tasks.
This mobile workforce template is a simple task management app. A supervisor is responsible for assigning jobs and customers to employees.
Employees log in and view any jobs that have been assigned to them. They then update and complete those jobs using a mobile device in the field.
There are many options for expanding the functionality of a mobile workforce app, such as building it into a more robust employee management/HR system that also tracks employee reviews and time off requests.
Explore the following resources to help you build your own custom app:
- Users & Access
- Show Records Connected to the Logged-In User
- How to Email Your Users
- Workflow & Automation
Why Use This App Type?
- Flexibility to adapt to your specific use case, whether you manage field technicians, work-from-home employees, freelancers, or any other type of mobile worker.
- Simplify operations and communication by creating an easy to use online portal for employees and managers to keep track of work.
- Automated reminders when tasks are due and notifications when tasks are assigned and completed.
- Protect user data using a secure Knack app, ensuring each employee’s data is kept confidential.
- Custom tasks – Define and customize what each employee can view and update with each job and task.
- Integrated workflow – Employees receive alerts when new tasks are assigned. Completed tasks are submitted to supervisors for review.
- Employee logins – Each employee logs in to update their own tasks and can access their info only.
- Easy stats – Supervisors get easy stats and reports on hourly totals and employee histories.
- Mobile friendly – Employees can view and update their tasks on any mobile device.
About This App
Our demo apps are designed as a learning tool. You can get a sense for what types of apps are possible with Knack. Install apps to your own account to see how they are built. Then, build your own custom Knack app using our no-code Builder!