Searches and filters are critical components to any online database application.
They’re what help you find the needles in the haystack of your data and turn it into something actionable. If you can’t find it, you can’t learn anything from it.
We’re making a big effort in improving our search and filters, starting with some recent upgrades to our search view.
This includes new features that enable more flexible search layouts:
- Display filters into up to 3 columns
- Control label placement
- Group filters together and add titles and instructions
This also includes a big search improvement for how multiple choice and connection fields work:
- Allow a single option or many options to be selected.
- Display as dropdowns or checkboxes and radio buttons.
- Determine to show results for ANY match or ALL matches.
This provides a lot of flexibility for creating AND/OR type searches with multiple options.
For example, this is perfect for searches that are common in real estate apps, where you may want to find properties with any match from the list of house types but match all of the selected features.
Stay tuned for more updates on and/or searches and more improved filters.Continue reading...