Form rules are hands-down one of our most powerful and flexible features: you can define rules to trigger actions like custom emails and record updates when a form is submitted.
Form rules can really expand your app to include work flow features and sophisticated data management.
We recently decided to do a form overhaul to better organize rules and include new features that have been popular requests with our users.
This upgrade is now live! Here’s what’s included:
We’ve organized the rules into some new groupings that make more sense:
- Display Rules: identical to the old “Field Rules”. These rules control how the form is displayed: you can show and hide form inputs and change input labels based on other form and record values.
- Record Rules: rules that add or update records in your database. For example, you can insert a connected record, or update the form’s record. These were in the old “Submit Rules”.
- Submit Rules: new! These cover the old form “Options” for what to do when the form is submitted, like show a confirmation message or redirect to another page.
- Emails: rules for sending custom emails or email alerts. This combines the general alert options and the email options from the old “Submit Rules”.
Major upgrade! Submit rules include 3 major new features:
Redirect to the parent page
After the form is submitted the user will be redirected to a parent page. Perfect if you’re adding a child record and want to quickly go back to a parent list showing all those record.
Redirect to a new child page
You can now create a new child page to direct the user to. You can add any views you wish to this page and it will automatically work with the form’s record. This means you insert a new record and immediately show other views for that record.
You can create different Submit Rules and define criteria for using each rule.
We’ve also tweaked the confirmation message with rich text and the ability to hide the reload link or automatically reload the form.
These features add quite a few new form possibilities:
- Multiple Paths: create different paths based on different answers. One choice can lead to one page while another leads to a second page.
- Multi-page Forms: break up a long form into multiple pages.
- Confirmation Pages: create child pages to show details and connected views.
- Quizzes: Show multiple questions on different pages and end with a “results” page.
We’ve also added new features for form emails:
You can add multiple emails rules and choose between sending a simple notification or a custom template
You can add multiple recipients to a custom email and choose the type, including Reply-to:
Template VariablesWe’ve included 3 variables you can add to your templates:
- Page URL – include the URL for the current page.
- Parent Page URL – inlude the URL for the parent page, if a parent page exists.
- Record ID – the ID of the record
These variables are listed in italics below the list of fields.
Note: please review your current form rules and email tasks to ensure everything was migrated correctly, and get in touch if there appears to be any issues.