We are excited to share our latest addition to the Knack example app library, a Custom CRM app:
Customer Relationship Management has become a staple in sales driven business environments, providing sales reps and managers an all-in-one tool to manage a sales pipeline.
This app provides several key utilities that CRM users have come to expect for tracking customers within the pipeline:
- Lead Management – Contact info, LinkedIn profiles and ratings
- Proposal/Bid Management – Budgets, deliverables and deadlines
- Won Customers – Book revenue, track success and archive for future contact
- Notes and Tasks – add relevant notes and meetings/tasks to each contact
- Calendar – share all follow-up meetings, presentations and conferences with the team
Managing the Sales Pipeline
The key to the CRM app is categorizing each customer by their stage in the sales pipeline:
This enables sales reps to easily track each customer as they go through the pipeline from lead to proposal to customer. Each stage of the pipeline has the information and actions tailored to that stage so reps know exactly what tasks and updates each customer needs.
Sales Managers gain additional management tools with a pipeline dashboard and the ability to assign tasks to Sales Reps.
We initially thought that the glut of existing CRM options meant we should focus on other apps. But we’ve consistently seen great CRM apps built with Knack and it’s obvious there’s still demand for a simple, focused, custom CRM solution.
The timing also works with many recent Knack features that are perfect for a CRM:
- Robust calendars for managing tasks and meetings
- Scheduled tasks for sending reminders
- Form rules for automatically updating customers
Want your own custom CRM app? Get in touch and we’ll help set one up tailored to your exact business needs!Continue reading...