We recently decided to migrate our help desk to a new provider and it’s now ready to use! You can see it at:
Some of the advantages of the new help desk include:
- Better organization: we can group article groups into sections.
- Ticket management: if you create an account you’ll be able to view and manage your pending tickets.
- Chat integration: we can now convert chats to tickets and more easily track those.
The only downside with the new help desk is that you’ll have to create a separate login in order to submit tickets (we’re looking at automatically integrating with your Knack login).
Now that the new help desk is in place we’ll be working on lots of more articles, cookbook recipes, code examples and how-to’s!
Knack User Forum
The biggest addition to the help desk is a new user forum! The forum is located here:
We’re dividing the user forum into 4 main groups (trying to keep it simple):
- Feature Requests: replacing more the “proposed” list here. We’ll then move ideas from the forum to this Trello board that we’re “considering” before “in development”.
- How do I…?: if you aren’t sure how to do something or if something is possible or not, ask here. Odds are, someone else in the community has already tried or implemented it.
- Tips & Tricks: discuss design patterns, best practices, and other creative solutions that may not be obvious in the documentation. We’re really excited for this one!
- API & Customization: post code examples, ask questions, and discuss strategies for using the API and customizing your apps.
We feel the time is right is to open up more communication between our users and we hope this becomes a tremendous resource for everyone.
We’d love to see your participation and feedback!