We recently added 3 new apps to our example library! To help you explore these example apps we’ve also made it easy to add them directly to your account.
The Project Management app can be used to manage projects, tasks, hours, and milestones.
We wanted to show a good example of a more complex app you can build with Knack. This app has a bunch of moving parts and takes advantage of a lot of Knack features:
- Each project can track multiple connected records for milestones, tasks, hours, costs, and more.
- Total expenses for a project are calculated by adding total costs and hours multiplied by the project hourly rate.
- Employees can log in and add hours for any tasks that have been assigned to them.
This an app that works well when you need multi-step applications or registrations. New users can register and then fill out an application across multiple tabs. Some tabs handle connected records, like employment history, where multiple employment records can be added.
Their registration is automatically saved and they can work on it over time. The last tab is used to complete the application and submit for review. This sets a “Status” field which makes it available for admins to review.
- Complex job applications
- Camp or Conference registrations
- Grant, contest, and school applications
We wanted an application to show off the calendar view, so we added this events calendar. It’s relatively simple but does have a nice feature of allowing the community to submit events. Admins can review these and approve to display in the calendar.
Add example apps to your account
You can now add any of the example apps directly to your account. Just go to your dashboard and click the “Add App” button below your list of apps. Then select the “Pick a Template” option: