When we first launched Knack we weren’t exactly sure who our target audience would be. Knack is a flexible product that can be used by anyone to manage all sorts of online databases.
We had some guesses, but we deliberately kept our marketing neutral. We wanted to throw Knack out there and see what happened!
One use case we’ve enjoyed seeing develop is web designers and front-end coders who use Knack to integrate online databases with client websites and their own applications.
In many cases it’s a perfect fit, as designers are able to take advantage of many core Knack functions:
- Knack apps can be embedded seamlessly right into a website, so designers can add online databases directly to their client websites.
- Knack apps can be customized with CSS, so designers can control the look and feel of the app. We hear designers love this.
- Knack apps can be customized with jQuery, so designers can add features and do even more customization of the UI if needed.
- Designers can set up a special client user roles, so clients can view and update database records without affecting the look and feel of the app.
- Designers can use the API if they ever need to add special functionality.
The bottom line is Knack enables designers to build online databases and web apps for their clients and still focus on what they do best: the look and the feel.
We’ve created a special page for designers at:
Know any web designers? Send them to the link above, we’d love to know what they think about Knack!